To book a place for Summer 2020 please use our booking form here
To encourage the use of English socially we accept a maximum of 5 boys and 5 girls in each age group who share the same mother tongue. We are a relatively small organisation with an enviable reputation. We therefore advise early booking to be sure of a place.
If a place is available we will send an email requesting your deposit payment of GBP 300. You can pay securely by Visa, Mastercard, Amex or bank transfer in your local currency at ecs.flywire.com or by bank transfer in GBP Sterling or Euros.
In the uncertainty over Coronavirus we are currently offering the option of a 'no commitment' booking. Please see note below.
On receipt of your deposit payment we will provide you with an online account where you can check your booking details, view pre-course documentation (clothes list, travel directions, etc) and provide travel and medical details. We will also, on request, send a Letter of Confirmation if your child needs a visa (see additional information here). During the course you will be able to follow your child's progress with online reports in your account.
The balance of fees is payable six weeks before arrival. Our system will send automatic reminders when payments are due, if travel details are incomplete and, during the course, when a report is waiting to be viewed.
During the Coronavirus emergency we are able to offer the following:
- If you have not yet booked a place for this summer and wish to do so in anticipation that things will improve, you can now make a no commitment booking: we will not expect your deposit payment until at least the end of April when hopefully you will be able to make an informed choice about your child’s participation. Please note that no contract with ECS exists until the deposit payment is received, so if you want to be sure of a place this summer and are happy to defer to Summer 2021 if necessary then you should send your deposit payment regardless.
- If your child is unable to attend this summer for reasons directly connected to Coronavirus (COVID-19) we encourage you to defer the place to Summer 2021. If you prefer to cancel the booking you may be able to reclaim some or all of your payment from our insurers - see below.
- If we cancel the course this summer we encourage you to defer the place to Summer 2021. If you prefer we will refund all payments you have made minus any bank charges incurred in returning the payment.
After discussions with our insurers our best understanding of the current situation is:
- If you have booked a place and your child contracts Coronavirus and is unable to attend, then provided there is medical evidence our insurers will consider the claim.
- If your child is unable to attend the course due to government restrictions, then the claim will not be considered.
- The likelihood of a claim being successful will depend on the date booked and the location and severity of Coronavirus in both the UK and the home country at the time of booking.
- If your child contracts Coronavirus while at the school our insurers will provide cover for all costs arising from treatment on the British National Health Service. Other claims relating to Coronavirus will be considered on a case by case basis depending on the date of the booking.