On our residential English Language and activity summer camps professionally qualified teachers use effective modern techniques to create interesting, enjoyable lessons for children and teenagers:
- Courses are Accredited by The British Council for the teaching of English in the UK.
- Students are assessed on the first day of teaching and are placed by age and ability to a maximum of 16 per class.
- All classes are led by professionally qualified teachers
- 'Before and after' academic support is available for 14 - 17 year olds
- 7 – 11 year olds are taught by experienced primary teachers
- Fully international classes mean pupils speak English and practise cross-cultural communication together
- Attractive and engaging materials aim to ‘Bring the world to the classroom and the classroom to life.’ See samples, right.
- Lessons for 11 – 14 year olds include cross-curricular content drawing on science, geography and history, plus environmental projects to help pupils ‘learn English naturally’.
- Collaborative project work helps to build interpersonal skills; songs, games and music enable pupils to try out language in a fun way and encourage interaction and movement
- Lessons for 14 – 17 year olds include intellectually stimulating content from TED Talks which pupils use to model and practice their own presentation skills.
- Teachers rotate between classes to provide variety
- Weekly online reports enable parents to follow their child’s progress
- Online learning zones allow older pupils to continue learning when they return home
Pupils aged 11 - 17 at Port Regis also benefit from a choice of educational workshops enabling them to focus more intensively on their English or choose more broadly educational content such as drama, digital photography, cookery and literature.