If you wish to bring your bring your child personally to the school please ask us for travel directions and details of local accommodation if required.
The majority of our overseas pupils travel via London Heathrow Airport. We meet and greet pupils on arrival and assist them on departure as follows:
We meet pupils on arrival and provide free transfers for flights arriving between 1100 - 1600hrs as follows:
- 7 and 21 July 2019: London Heathrow to Port Regis School
Transfer coaches leave the airport at around 13:00hrs and 16:00hrs. Pupils whose flights arrive before 11:00hrs can be met on arrival by a reputable company and taken care of until our staff arrive at an extra cost of £50 per child
We provide free transfers and assist pupils with check in for flights departing between 12:00 - 16:00hrs as follows:
- 21 July and 4 August 2019: Port Regis School to London Heathrow
- 11 August 2019: English through Adventure camp to London Heathrow
Transfer coaches arrive at the airport at around 10:00hrs and 12:00hrs. Pupils whose flights depart after 16:00hrs can be taken care of by a reputable company until their flight leaves at a cost of £50 per child.
For pupils who arrive at London Heathrow after 16:00hrs or depart London Heathrow before 12:00hrs or travel via other airports or stations (including London Gatwick / St Pancras) we can arrange escorted taxi transfers at extra cost (approximately GBP 230 for Heathrow; GBP 250 for Gatwick; GBP 100 for Bristol). The cost reduces for children travelling together. The cost increases for children travelling as Unaccompanied Minors (UMs) or travelling at unsocial hours. Please contact us for precise details.
- Where possible we will put you in contact with other parents so that children can travel together. Young children can usually travel in the care of airline staff as Unaccompanied Minors. This is safe and normal.
- We cannot provide accommodation in the schools for pupils who arrive in the UK before our scheduled arrival date or leave the UK after our scheduled departure date.
- For parents who wish to bring their child to Port Regis there is a National Express coach service departing London Heathrow approx. 16:50 and arriving Shaftesbury (near the school) 19:35. The following day the coach departs Shaftesbury 08:20 and arrives back at London Heathrow at 11:20. There are also coach services from other airports and from central London. For further information please see http://www.nationalexpress.com/
- There is a good train service from London to Gilllingham (Dorset) near Port Regis. Please see here.