At English Country Schools professionally qualified teachers use effective modern techniques to create interesting, enjoyable lessons.
- Students are assessed on the first day of teaching and are placed by age and ability to a maximum of 16 per class at Port Regis and 8 per class at Cheltenham.
- All classes are led by professionally qualified teachers
- 'Before and after' academic support is available for 14 - 17 year olds
- 7 – 11 year olds are taught by qualified primary teachers
- Fully international classes mean pupils speak English and practise cross-cultural communication together
- Attractive and engaging materials aim to ‘Bring the world to the classroom and the classroom to life.’ See samples, right.
- Lessons for 11 – 14 year olds include cross-curricular content drawing on science, geography and history, plus environmental projects to help pupils ‘learn English naturally’.
- Collaborative project work helps to build interpersonal skills; songs, games and music enable pupils to try out language in a fun way and encourage interaction and movement
- Lessons for 14 – 17 year olds include intellectually stimulating content from TED Talks which pupils use to model and practice their own presentation skills.
- Teachers rotate between classes to provide variety
- Weekly online reports enable parents to follow their child’s progress
- Online learning zones allow older pupils to continue learning when they return home
Pupils aged 11 - 17 at Port Regis also benefit from a choice of electives enabling them to focus more intensively on their English or choose more broadly educational content such as drama, digital photography, cookery and literature.
Our new course at Cheltenham Ladies' College is for girls 14 - 17 who wish to improve their English in one of England's finest regency towns.