At ECS professionally qualified teachers use effective modern techniques to create interesting, enjoyable language learning activities:
- Students are assessed on the first day of teaching and are placed by age and ability to a maximum of 16 per class.
- All classes are led by qualified teachers
- Weekly online reports enable parents to follow their child’s progress
- Our optional English Focus service is available to help teenagers get the most from the course.
- 7 – 11 year olds are taught by qualified primary teachers
- Fully international classes mean pupils speak English and practise cross-cultural communication together
- Attractive and engaging materials aim to ‘Bring the world to the classroom and the classroom to life.’ See samples, right.
- Lessons for 11 – 14 year olds include cross-curricular content drawing on science, geography and history, plus environmental projects to help pupils ‘learn English naturally’.
- Collaborative project work helps to build interpersonal skills; songs, games and music enable pupils to try out language in a fun way and encourage interaction and movement
- Lessons for 14 – 17 year olds include intellectually stimulating content from TED Talks which pupils use to model and practice their own presentation skills.
- Teachers rotate between classes to provide variety
- Online learning zones allow older pupils to continue learning when they return home
- Pupils aged 11 - 17 also benefit from a choice of educational workshops enabling them to focus more intensively on their English or choose more broadly educational content such as drama, digital photography, cookery and literature.
- And don't forget that our course is completely multinational with pupils attending from 30+ different countries. We don't accept groups from one country. That means that pupils continue to practise and develop their English outside the classroom using English as the main medium of communication.